The biggest challenges to face
The arising ICT technologies are enabling both SMEs and start-ups throughout Europe to seize great opportunities to further grow their businesses. Though, they do also have to face multiple challenges, as the following ones:
- Scarce resources to cope with cyber-risk: tiny IT team, insufficient knowledge of effective solutions and great difficulty in finding them.
- Weak cybersecurity’s know-how: lack of knowledge of the best and most suitable products to prevent cyber-attacks.
- Low risk-awareness. Many SMEs are unaware of what they are exposed to: data theft, financial loss, huge fines due to compliance responsibilities and loss of reputation.
- Inadequate knowledge of EU regulations, most of the time provided in unfriendly languages for SMEs.
- Availability gap of standards, compliances and certification schemes.
- Lack of tailored solutions to fix companies CS&P issues according to their size, budget and needs (e.g. risk management, disaster recovery, technical consulting, cryptography)
Which are the most important benefits of joining Cyberwatching.eu?
- Easy access to useful information on how to deal with cyber-risk
- Networking opportunities and prominent EU-level visibility through marketplace exposure, social media promotion and during European live events.
- Opportunity to be showcased as part of the best practice examples in the marketplace.