Poseidon is one of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Cluster projects that aims to develop an innovative Privacy Enhancing Dashboard for personal data protection supporting the digital security pillars of the new EU’s GDPR.
PRIViLEDGE realises cryptographic protocols supporting privacy, anonymity, and efficient decentralised consensus for DLTs. In PRIViLEDGE, several European key players in cryptographic research and from the fintech and blockchain domains unite to push the limits of cryptographic protocols for privacy and security. Results from PRIViLEDGE are demonstrated through four ledger-based solutions:
1. verifiable online voting;
2. contract validation and execution for insurance;
3. university diploma record ledger;
4. update mechanism for stake-based ledgers.
The selected use cases are diverse and represent the principal application domains of DLT; this ensures wide reach and impact of the techniques developed in PRIViLEDGE beyond the immediate scope of the project.
Who is the project designed for?
Public Sector Organizations, IT SMEs, Researchers, Security Software Industry, End User Organizations, Policy & Regulators, ICT Sectors, Academia.
How will your project benefit the end-user?
1. To provide efficient privacy-enhancing cryptography (PEC) for enabling the execution of smart contracts on blockchains such that the privacy of users and the privacy of data is respected.
2. To develop and demonstrate cryptographic tools that aim at anonymity, transparency, and security and maintain a balance between these goals, for practical deployments of DLT and blockchains.
3. To construct efficient cryptographic blockchain consensus protocols that rely on advances in cryptography, satisfying the contradicting demands of verifiability, transparency, and stake-based governance.
4. To provide effective exploitation of the PRIViLEDGE cryptography in real operational environments, for enabling privacy in distributed ledgers.