cyberwatching.eu addresses the need for the coordination of European cyber security and privacy (CS&P) research & innovation. Adopting a pragmatic approach, it provides a dynamic EU observatory for monitoring Research & Innovation (R&I) projects on CS&P, in EU & Associated Countries. This will lead to greater synergies between EC, regionally and nationally funded projects, while helping to reinforce the European CS&P industry.
Who is the project designed for?
cyberwatching.eu assets are designed around the specific needs of diverse stakeholder groups targeted by the project:
- R&I teams and projects with sufficiently mature results (based on market and technology readiness levels) can easily find potential customers for their new products and services.
- SMEs and large companies as potential users of services, including the dedicated cyberwatching.eu end-user club.
- Financial services and insurance industry: foster the implementation of best practices through the cyberwatching.eu cyber insurance pilot service as the cyber insurance market evolves in response to new risks and requirements for compliance filter through the market.
- National and regional administrations: educating IT and decision makers on the importance of creating a cyber security and privacy culture within their organisations to increase awareness and concrete actions towards risk-based cyber security, resilience and compliance.
- Standardisation organisations (SDOs): Catalogue of CS&P standards and certifications within the website will offer an opportunity to increase visibility of best practices, showcasing best practices in the field, encouraging implementation as well as contributions from standards specialists in EU R&I initiatives, which is an important policy goal for the realisation of the Digital Single Market.
Overall, cyberwatching.eu facilitates policy and regulators monitor the EU cyber security and privacy landscape, project lifecycles and the impact of funding.
How is your project benefitting the end-user?
Cyberwatching.eu will become THE European observatory of R&I in the field of CS&P. The project contributes to making the Digital Single Market safer and more trusted by promoting the uptake and understanding of cutting-edge CS&P services emerging from R&I projects across Europe.
First to benefit are SMEs that will have unlimited access to a marketplace and catalogue of services that can improve cyber security and compliance with EU legislation, turning it into a business opportunity and a unique selling point.
Cyberwatching.eu also plays a key role in policy discussions. In its mission to democratise cyber security for all, the project directly responds to the objectives of the contractual Public-Private Partnership on cybersecurity (c-PPP) which has the ambition of becoming the reference framework for the R&I initiatives, nationally and across Europe.
www.cyberwatching.eu, will become the online hub for R&I in CS&P in Europe offering European citizens access to innovative and trustworthy ICT products, services and software which take fundamental rights, such as privacy, into consideration.
Please briefly describe the results your project achieved so far
- Design and implementation of an EU R&I in CS&P Observatory (https://www.cyberwatching.eu/observatory).
- Monitor and cluster CSP investments across the EU & Associated Countries, stimulating and sustaining dialogue, and synergies through cluster topics.
- Develop a single online EU "catalogue of R&I services" mapped to a CS&P taxonomy (https://www.cyberwatching.eu/services/catalogue-of-services), making projects and results easy to find and easy to use.
- Organisation of the first cyberwatching.eu Concertation meeting, aimed at showcasing EU excellence and leadership through success stories, facilitating synergy-ignition among R&I Teams, supporting collaboration and cross-fertilisation with clustering along market sectors and software developments, encouraging re-use of R&D results.
What are the next steps for your project?
- Activate a CS&P marketplace (https://www.cyberwatching.eu/marketplace), bringing together demand & supply players from the R&I and SME communities.
- Establish an “end-users’ club” (https://www.cyberwatching.eu/end-user-club) as an instrument for SMEs to join a ‘validation lab’ of EU research results and access affordable services.
- Develop an engaged stakeholder community through events for projects to support clustering & future research topics; SMEs to educate on legal and cyber insurance best practices; and annual multi-stakeholder events.
- Support policy, regulatory standards & legal discussions, helping to shape the global CSP landscape. Delivering two versions of an “EU CS&P Roadmap"