SEMIoTICS main scope aims to develop a pattern-driven framework, built upon existing IoT platforms, to enable and guarantee secure and dependable actuation and semi-autonomic behaviour in IoT/IIoT applications. The SEMIoTICS framework will support cross-layer intelligent dynamic adaptation, including heterogeneous smart objects, networks and clouds. To address the complexity and scalability needs within horizontal and vertical domains, SEMIoTICS will develop and integrate smart programmable networking and semantic interoperability mechanisms. The above will be validated by industry, using three diverse usage scenarios in the areas of renewable energy, healthcare, and smart sensing and will be offered through an open API.
SEMIoTICS will target three IoT application scenarios: two verticals in the areas of energy and health care and one horizontal in the areas of intelligent sensing.
- Development of patterns for orchestration of smart objects and IoT platform enablers in IoT applications with guaranteed security, privacy, dependability and interoperability (SPDI) properties.
- Development of semantic interoperability mechanisms for smart objects, networks and IoT platforms.
- Development of dynamically and self-adaptable monitoring mechanisms supporting integrated and predictive monitoring of smart objects of all layers of the IoT implementation stack in a scalable manner.
- Development of core mechanisms for multi-layered embedded intelligence, IoT application adaptation, learning and evolution, and end-to-end security, privacy, accountability and user control.
- Development of IoT-aware programmable networking capabilities, based on adaptation and SDN orchestration.
- Development of a reference prototype of the SEMIoTICS open architecture, demonstrated and evaluated in both IIoT (renewable energy) and IoT (healthcare), as well as in a horizontal use case bridging the two landscapes (smart sensing), and delivery of the respective open API.
- Promote the adoption of EU technology offerings internationally.