The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) represents the industry-led contractual counterpart to the European Commission for the implementation of the Cyber Security cPPP. ECSO members include a wide variety of stakeholders such as large companies, SMEs and Start-ups, research centres, universities, end-users, operators, clusters and association as well as European Member State’s local, regional and national administrations, countries part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 associated countries.
Mission & Objectives
The main objective of ECSO is to support all types of initiatives or projects that aim to develop, promote, encourage European cybersecurity, and in particular to:
- Foster and protect from cyber threats the growth of the European Digital Single Market;
- Develop the cybersecurity market in Europe and the growth of a competitive cybersecurity and ICT industry, with an increased market position;
- Develop and implement cybersecurity solutions for the critical steps of trusted supply chains, in sectoral applications where Europe is a leader.
ECSO is engaged in taking concrete actions to achieve these objectives by:
- Collaborate with the European Commission and national public administrations to promote Research and Innovation (R&I) in cybersecurity;
- Propose a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and a Multiannual Roadmap with its regular updates;
- Foster market development and investments in demonstration projects and pilots to facilitate bringing innovation to cybersecurity market;
- Foster competitiveness and growth of the cybersecurity industry in Europe (large companies and SME) as well as end users / operators through innovative cybersecurity technologies, applications, services, solutions;
- Support the widest and best market uptake of innovative cybersecurity technologies and services for professional and private use;
- Promote and assist in the definition and implementation of a European cybersecurity industrial policy to encourage the use of cybersecurity solutions as well as secure and trustworthy ICT solutions to increase digital autonomy;
- Support the development and the interests of the entire cybersecurity and ICT security ecosystem (including education, training awareness, etc.);