H2020 research and innovation project in the area of Identity and Access management. The user has password less experience while accessing the trusted digital services online. The presentation is about an ongoing research & Innovation project funded by Horizon 2020 programme, called ReCRED (www.recred.eu). This is a case study on developing a platform solution that uses privacy preserving technologies, gives control to the end user to provide consent to share the attributes with third parties.
One of the key aims of this project is to integrate ReCRED platform with Mobile Connect solution. User mobile device becomes the gateway to the services and the user can authenticate using FIDO framework.
Who is the project designed for?
This project designed to address basic issues in digital identity management, authentication using biometrics and mobile devices and cryptographic technologies to improve online trust through security by design, privacy by design. The solution can be deployed across verticals.
How is your project benefitting the end-user?
Following are some of the key benefits for the end user:
- The end user can have improved trust on the online services.
- Improved user experience during authentication.
- Greater control on the attribute sharing and privacy.
For the service provider:
- Trusted platform for identity and privacy management that meets all the compliance requirements
- Easy to integrate for accessing large number of consumers
Please briefly describe the results your project achieved so far
- The Identity Consolidator platform has been built and deployed for 4 different pilots
- FIDO biometric way of authentication is implemented
- Launched a start up leveraging the components of the solution
What are the next steps for your project?
Continue exploitation of the platform and solution through demonstrations