Earlier this year the four pilot projects were launched in order to operate a pilot for a European Cybersecurity Competence Network and to develop a common European Cybersecurity Research & Innovation Roadmap. This shall contribute to strengthening the EU's cybersecurity capacity and tackling future cybersecurity challenges.
CONCORDIA, CyberSec4Europe, ECHO and SPARTA are the four projects which were chosen by the European Commission. They will not only develop a sustainable European cybersecurity competence network, but will also implement a variety of tasks, e.g. cybersecurity demonstration cases (in eHealth, finance, telecommunications, smart cities, transportation, etc.), provide trainings and programmes to tackle the cybersecurity-skills gap in EU, etc.
In our webinar, all the four pilot projects will present their planned outcomes and services that could benefit European cybersecurity SMEs, as well as other companies which are looking for the support in the field of cybersecurity.
Who should attend
The webinar is primarily targeting SMEs – both cybersecurity users and providers, which will get an overview of tools and services that the four pilot projects have to offert them. However, this webinar is also open to all interested in the cybersecurity landscape in Europe and its planned development in the years to come. Particularly, decision makers from all over the EU will benefit from learning more about the four pilots which will prepare a ground for further development of the European Network of National Cybersecurity Coordination Centres. Furthermore, other R&I projects, especially those in the field of cybersecurity, will profit from cooperation and coordination activities’ presented by the pilots.
- 10:00 - 10:05 - "Welcome & Introduction" - Silvana Muscella, Trust-IT Services & cyberwatching.eu
- 10:05 – 10:15 - "Towards a European cybersecurity competence network" - Nineta Polemi, European Commission representative, DG Connect, Unit H1 Cybersecurity technology and Capacity Building
- 10:15 – 10:20 - "Stimulating cybersecurity SME environment : cyberwatching.eu and European competence center(s)" - Justina Bieliauskaite, European DIGITAL SME Alliance & Cyberwatching.eu
- 10:20 – 10:30 - "CONCORDIA: Cyber Security Competence for Research & Innovation" - Guillaume Bonfante, CYD & LORIA
- 10:30 – 10:40 - "CyberSec4Europe: Securing the competitiveness of Europe and enabling European economic growth while protecting European society" - Mark Miller, Conceptivity & cybersec4Europe & Cyberwatching.eu
- 10:40 – 10:45 - Q/A
- 10:45 – 10:55 - "ECHO: strengthening EU cyber defence through effective and efficient multi-sector collaboration" - Matteo Merialdo, RHEA Group & ECHO
- 10:55 – 11:05 - "SPARTA: re-thinking the way cybersecurity research is performed in Europe" - Fabio Martinelli, Istituto di Informatica e Telematica (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche) & SPARTA
- 11:05 – 11:10 - "StandICT - Supporting European Experts Presence in International Standardisation Activities in ICT" - Francesco Osimanti, Trust-IT Services & StandICT
- 11:10 – 11:20 - Q/A
Who are the speakers?