Free and Safe in Cyber Space conference aims at building a constructive dialogue and a critical mass of suitable actors around new dual-use cybersecurity standards and certifications and complaint open technologies and ecosystems that sustainably and radically exceed the state-of-the-art trustworthiness and spur wide economic growth, while increasing public safety and cyber-investigation capabilities.
The event addresses enterprises, financial institutions, mission-critical NGOs and it is extended to the most critical computing of all citizens, targeted cyber-investigation systems, and autonomous systems.
Hereafter the complete timetable of the day:
- 08:45 – Coffee
- 09:05 – Welcome by the Local Authorities
- 09:10 – Introduction by Organizers: Rufo Guerreschi
- 09:20 – Keynote by Anthony J. Ferrante 09:35 – Keynote by Reinhard Posch
- 09:50 – “Prospects for dual-use pan-European initiatives to create ultra-high assurance IT and ecosystems for critical societal domains”
- PANEL (A): THE IT FREEDOM CHALLENGE: How can we radically exceed state-of-the-art to achieve ultra-high assurance* IT security of citizens’ communications? What standards, standard setting and certifications processes can enable users to reliably assess their actual trustworthiness?
- 10:50 – Coffee Break
- 11:00 – Keynote by Anthony J. Ferrante
- 11:15 – PANEL (B): THE IT FREEDOM & SAFETY CHALLENGE: Assuming that we can achieve ultra-high assurance* IT security, how can it enable legitimate and constitutional lawful access requests, while overall substantially or radically reducing the risk of privacy abuse compare to all current solutions?
- 12:00 – Keynote by leading global consultancy
- 12:15 – PANEL (C): GDPR, ENTERPRISES & CYBERSECURITY. What are the prospects for a substantial or radical increase in data protection for the most critical enterprise computing to reduce the costs and risk deriving from GDPR breach disclosure requirements?
- 13:00 – LUNCH BREAK for speakers, media, attendees and special guests
- 14:20 – PANEL (D): THE CYBERSECURITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE. Can such ultra-high assurance IT and AI certifications, open computing basesa and ecosystems spur wide economic development in one or more EU leading regions?
- 15:10 – Coffee Break
- 15:35 - PANEL (E): THE AI SECURITY CHALLENGE. How can ultra-high assurance IT advance the security of critical autonomous or cyber-physical systems? How can AI, in turn, improve IT security?
- 16:30 – Closing Keynote by Anthony J. Ferrante
- 16:50 – Closing Keynote by Michael Sieber
- 17:10 – Closing by organizers.
- 18:00-21:00 – Dinner for panelists, media, speakers and special guests.
Join the conference in Berlin on May 4th, 2018, at the Innospace of Betahaus, for the 5th edition of the Free and Safe in CyberSpace event series.