FORTIKA aims to
- Minimise the exposure of small and medium sized businesses to cyber security risks and threats
- Help them successfully respond to cyber security incidents, while relieving them from all unnecessary and costly efforts of identifying, acquiring and using the appropriate cyber security solutions.
To fulfil its vision the project adopts a security by design hybrid approach that adequately integrates hardware and software with business needs and behavioural patterns at individual and organisational level to:
- Introduce a hardware-enabled middleware security layer as add-on to existing network gateways;
- Orientate small business users to trusted cyber security services (through FORTIKA’s marketplace) packaged to tailored solutions for each enterprise and further extended to accommodate security intelligence and to encourage security-friendly behavioural and organisational changes.
- Proposes a resilient overall cyber security solution that can be easily tailored and adjusted to the versatile and dynamically changing needs of small businesses.
To this end, the project ambitiously aims to make systematic and extensive use of the existing service and product portfolio of security solution providers across Europe. Finally the introduction of a software-defined smart ecosystem in “FORTIKA Marketplace”, will provide the feature of a light mode solution, which will offer virtualized security services (with minimum downloading requirements).
From their perspective, users (i.e. SMEs) may utilize a variety of services and share profiling information with the service providers in return for tailored security services aligned with their actual needs. The FORTIKA marketplace will also function as a single point of access for the profiling information for each SME. FORTIKA Cyber-security framework will be evaluated through five major types of SMEs and will be supported from 2 local SME/ICT clusters and 1 EU alliance.